Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should i make a comeback in Medical Transcription Again
Hi members,

I stay in Mumbai and I have exp of doing medical transcription for 2-3 yrs and 1 year in business transcription which i had done 5-6 years back. After that i moved on to back office and other jobs, but due to temporary nature of these jobs, I want to comeback in MT again.. Should i get in MT at this stage, i've heard from my old MT friends that this industry is not good to get in at this stage. What do you guys suggest as it is very hard for me to make the decision. What is the future of this industry.

Thanks and Regards
Eagerly Waiting for your replies
(27-05-2013, 06:48 PM)MTmumbai Wrote: Hi members,

I stay in Mumbai and I have exp of doing medical transcription for 2-3 yrs and 1 year in business transcription which i had done 5-6 years back. After that i moved on to back office and other jobs, but due to temporary nature of these jobs, I want to comeback in MT again.. Should i get in MT at this stage, i've heard from my old MT friends that this industry is not good to get in at this stage. What do you guys suggest as it is very hard for me to make the decision. What is the future of this industry.

Thanks and Regards

The answer lies in this question - how good an MT were you? You are not doing anything extraordinary right now. If you were a good MT, them make the jump. If you don't like it, reverse the jump. I doubt you will miss anything.
Agree with mt4life

(27-05-2013, 08:37 PM)mt4life Wrote:

Thanks and Regards

The answer lies in this question - how good an MT were you? You are not doing anything extraordinary right now. If you were a good MT, them make the jump. If you don't like it, reverse the jump. I doubt you will miss anything.
Hi Members,

Thanks for your prompt replies.

I was an average MT. I am thinking of joining a company first for say 1-2 years and then start HBT. Coz nowadays hardly there are good companies left, and most of the MT ppl r into HBT. R there still demand for MTs, as most of my friends have gone on to become DU, Editor, or proofers who still stayed in the industry. Does any company will give me some time to get adjusted or its better that I practice at home for some time and then go to give test. Are there any good MT companies in Navi Mumbai.

Sorry for bothering you with so many questions, but its a career changing decision I have to make thats y just want to make sure that everything goes ok.

Thanks Again.

Thanks and Regards

Dear Friend,

Please believe in your self first.

If you really are in listening mood, here is a piece of advise from one of MTs who is at his 50s.

Please take up MT job if it comes to you now. You need not waste your time by going on searching for new jobs and new business opportunities. The time wasted cannot be earned back. You keep working setting aside other aspects or thinking and feel contempt and interested in what you are going to do. Out of my all experiences I have earned these years, for me medical transcription is one of the best jobs you can have as you know the set of rules you would be operating and the earning that you would end up by the end of the month based on your performances and finally no one can steal your efficiency. The more your are efficient in this field, the more you earn. Also, in fact, in any field no body can guarantee what would come next. So, please stop all unnecessary thoughts and start working as MT. Best wishes!
Rajavelu,

Extremely well put.

There are too many whiners and MTs around who do not have the backbone to do what has to be done through simple sheer hard work.

Making fast bucks overnight only happen in B-movies. In real life, its only the hard work that counts in getting you to where you want to go. Once you are there, you do not need to chase employers. They will chase you. I speak from personal experience and with a damn lot of pride.

As you can see in the forum, there are no shortage of jobs these days in spite of some doomsayers. Only remember, you and no one else counts in getting you to where you want to go through some strong determination and will power.

Doing at least a one-year stint at some MT company will hone your skills better and with the help of colleagues, you can learn some tricks of the trade which will help you immensely when you do HBT.

But again, this is applicable if you do decide to start MT work again. Otherwise, forget it.

So MT Mumbai, go for it.
hi.. have anyone tried this company SMGC for HBT?.. please suggest your valuable comments

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Home Based Transcription - Telugu ETTranscriptionServices 0 326 18-03-2024, 08:06 PM
Last Post: ETTranscriptionServices
Rainbow Medical General Transcription: Home Based Full Time MTs Required ETTranscriptionServices 0 710 08-12-2023, 02:56 PM
Rainbow Full-Time ASR Medical Transcriptionists - Day Shift - Immediate Requirement - UK ETTranscriptionServices 0 1,148 24-10-2023, 01:09 PM
  DIRECT UPLOAD / SCRIBE / EDITOR - MEDICAL SCRIBE bandi7777 0 986 11-06-2023, 05:20 PM
Last Post: bandi7777
  Medical Transcriptionist swathi_maxr 0 1,147 08-01-2023, 01:27 AM
Last Post: swathi_maxr