Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Transcriber English Audio to Word
I have approximately 80h of audio interviews recorded with good audio that needs to be transcribed monolingual (English to English) as fast as possible.
Some speakers may have slight Indian English accents, but generally speak very good english. NOTE: No translation is needed, the files should only be transcribed.

Previous experience of transcribing is preferable.1 hour of audio recording takes about 2 hours
You need a transcription program like Scribe or F5(both are free) and good earphones.I would like you to start with transcribing a first audiofile of around 1 hour, if it is well done, you will get the rest of the recordings.
I would like to have this first transcription as soon as possible.
In total, 80 different interviews, totally about 80 hours. If you are interested, please submit your resume, contact details and quote for the transcription as soon as possible. And please send me your demands in terms of price rate for the work . If you have any questions, please contact me for more info! I am looking for transcribers who can start immediately and who are reliable, discreet and hardworking.
Mac.duff@rocketmail.com
Current Market rate is~500 INR per audio hour
(29-05-2013, 06:33 PM)ProfDuff Wrote: I have approximately 80h of audio interviews recorded with good audio that needs to be transcribed monolingual (English to English) as fast as possible.
Some speakers may have slight Indian English accents, but generally speak very good english. NOTE: No translation is needed, the files should only be transcribed.

Previous experience of transcribing is preferable.1 hour of audio recording takes about 2 hours
You need a transcription program like Scribe or F5(both are free) and good earphones.I would like you to start with transcribing a first audiofile of around 1 hour, if it is well done, you will get the rest of the recordings.
I would like to have this first transcription as soon as possible.
In total, 80 different interviews, totally about 80 hours. If you are interested, please submit your resume, contact details and quote for the transcription as soon as possible. And please send me your demands in terms of price rate for the work . If you have any questions, please contact me for more info! I am looking for transcribers who can start immediately and who are reliable, discreet and hardworking.
Mac.duff@rocketmail.com
Current Market rate is~500 INR per audio hour

Since the market rate is 500 INR for 1 hour audio (600 lines) it amounts to less than Re 1 per line... but the catch in general transcription is even though it is plain English, it has a lot of slang phrases and all the punctuation should be correctly placed, which is a really tiring work for someone who is used to medical transcription. I think the rate should be at least Rs. 800 for a 1 hour audio at the least if quality is needed.
Quote:1 hour of audio recording takes about 2 hours

It takes more than 5 hours to transcribe and proofread. I don't think someone can do 1 hour of audio in 2 hours.

As it is general transcription, the line count will be more than that of medical transcription and need to spend more time on typing as well as proofing. I have done general transcription previously for an American client.

Quote:Current Market rate is~500 INR per audio hour
Where you got this "current market price?" Just for transcription, we get at least Re.1 and proofers verifying it will get another 80 paise, so it comes to Rs.1.80/line. Assuming that there are at least 500 lines in an audio hour (line count will be more in general transcription), the price will be Rs.900/audio hour.

Currently, I am working for a crystal clear doctor dictating at an average speed and he speaks at least 600-700 lines in an audio hour.

You should double the price to get a decent MT working on your files. I don't think you can get MTs working for that price. Also, post a link to 1-2 mins of audio, which will help us in choosing this offer.
@ Sridhar

Would it be possible for you to post your company and the rates you are getting currently.. it may benefit a lot of people in this forum...i.e. if you are willing, no compulsions
Dear Prof,

I am interested by your proposal for a total 80 hours general transcription.
As long as it is general English without medical jargon and the sound quality is very good.
I am prepared to transcribe one hour audio as a test if you guarantee payment and give me the full 80 hours batch.
I can only do it part time as I am already in employment but could complete the 80 hours in 30 days.
I copied you my CV and job references.
Regards
Francisco
Thank you for your interest.
For Info.
I am not a professional and just transcribed one hour myself : 510 lines,8000 words.
There is no slang and it is plain conversation.Just over 2 hours and 10 minutes.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Audio Processing Executive binump 2 4,840 12-05-2020, 12:26 PM
Last Post: alakeshburagohain@gmail.com
  Home-Based Transcriber amariano1989 1 8,610 22-09-2017, 07:45 PM
Last Post: admin
  English to English General Audio Transcription Christofure 2 6,726 13-06-2014, 11:26 AM
Last Post: siby
  Looking for MT/english language editing part time offers themt10@gmail.com 3 7,890 06-02-2013, 09:19 PM
Last Post: themt10@gmail.com