Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Future of Medical Transcription
Hi friends,

There is a lot of noise around regarding MT Field dying and also work is decreasing in companies. many MTs/QAs have already changed to other professions. Please shed some light on this matter. it is difficult for anyone to predict the future of MT field, but i just want your opinion on this matter..Huh thanks
(27-08-2013, 07:48 PM)Dharv Wrote: Hi friends,

There is a lot of noise around regarding MT Field dying and also work is decreasing in companies. many MTs/QAs have already changed to other professions. Please shed some light on this matter. it is difficult for anyone to predict the future of MT field, but i just want your opinion on this matter..Huh thanks

Dear Friend,

I also came across lot of informations like this since I started my career in 2007, but till date nothing went wrong. In my practical experience, I felt that how long the human being is having diseases, greediness, up to that this field will survive. Dont worry.

Air Vice Marshal.
There is nothing going to happen in this field. Be sure that US is not going to stop outsourcing it at any cost; the reason you know. With regard to your question that work is decreasing in companies, it is because of there is a lot of competition and new vendors are taking work from the client at a lower rate comparing to the previous vendors. Another reason may be, company is expecting more work from us within the stipulated time of 8-9 hours and for us to achieve monthly target, we overlook something that creates a problem if it is audited in the client end; and in turn, the company losses the account.

An institution for which we work does not care for us. It knows that how this field affects us in all aspects of life and we develop problems in back, eyes, ears, brain, fingers, etc., and sometimes major illness especially when we do night shift continuously and lack of sleep during daytime affects our health.

As far as MT field is concerned, it is stressful and it does not pay according to the type of work; and more over if you have an option to change the field and if you think you can do better than that you are doing in this MT field and there is a growth prospect, please go for it.

MT Forum team, if anywhere I am wrong, please forgive me.
Yeah.....but stagnant....does not grow along with growth rate of dollar but declines like indian rupee

(28-08-2013, 07:00 PM)Dillip Kumar Wrote: There is nothing going to happen in this field. Be sure that US is not going to stop outsourcing it at any cost; the reason you know. With regard to your question that work is decreasing in companies, it is because of there is a lot of competition and new vendors are taking work from the client at a lower rate comparing to the previous vendors. Another reason may be, company is expecting more work from us within the stipulated time of 8-9 hours and for us to achieve monthly target, we overlook something that creates a problem if it is audited in the client end; and in turn, the company losses the account.

An institution for which we work does not care for us. It knows that how this field affects us in all aspects of life and we develop problems in back, eyes, ears, brain, fingers, etc., and sometimes major illness especially when we do night shift continuously and lack of sleep during daytime affects our health.

As far as MT field is concerned, it is stressful and it does not pay according to the type of work; and more over if you have an option to change the field and if you think you can do better than that you are doing in this MT field and there is a growth prospect, please go for it.

MT Forum team, if anywhere I am wrong, please forgive me.
Right company and right price ...
(29-08-2013, 09:47 PM)siby Wrote: Right company and right price ...

Hi, I like to know which company is paying right price.

Thanks.
MT
(01-11-2015, 01:06 AM)binusebastian Wrote: Mt job is not there, medical transcription is not available, all companies are closed and no one has  work, switch to other careers like selling newspapers or vegetables, or manual labor jobs,  try some rag pickers job or manual scavenging jobs  or become a sperm donor a saint or a politician.

Agreed.  Journalism is one other very good option.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Auto Transcription trans_net 1 8,323 06-10-2017, 06:13 PM
Last Post: voicerecognition
  CONDITION OF MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTION NOW helpinghands 1 7,802 06-10-2017, 10:45 AM
Last Post: mtwise
  highly subsidized online transcription training fsrussel 0 5,522 12-07-2017, 08:27 PM
Last Post: fsrussel
  future of UK transcription in india sensmt 0 5,247 26-06-2017, 01:13 AM
Last Post: sensmt
  Direct Upload/Transcription work Needed, Part-time Mavrash 0 5,825 05-03-2017, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Mavrash