• Welcome to MT Forum!
  • India's largest Medical Transcriptionists Community
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

New registrations are manually reviewed by our moderators to prevent spam...please allow us sometime to review your registration and approve. Thanks!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heeeelp, I need heeelp!
I have a spare CPU which is being used by my nephew. It has Windows 7 Home Premium version and was upgraded about 4 months ago. The problem with this now is that he had put in a desktop password. When the system is switched on, it immediately asks for Desktop password after booting. Apparently, some friend of his in college had changed it and he is not even aware of who did it. Whatever, suffice to say that we are unable to unlock the desktop asking for the password. I have tried all the F's (pardon me), F10, F11, F2 etc. etc. It does go to safe mode but does not open safe mode. It keeps logging out and going back to the password page.

Can someone help me please? If no alternative is there, I guess I could simply reformat? This is such a waste as I spent quite a bit of money to upgrade it and installed Windows 7 version after removing XP. My nephew preferred this version to XP.

Any help would be extremely highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

(03-11-2013, 10:55 AM)themt10@gmail.com Wrote: I have a spare CPU which is being used by my nephew. It has Windows 7 Home Premium version and was upgraded about 4 months ago. The problem with this now is that he had put in a desktop password. When the system is switched on, it immediately asks for Desktop password after booting. Apparently, some friend of his in college had changed it and he is not even aware of who did it. Whatever, suffice to say that we are unable to unlock the desktop asking for the password. I have tried all the F's (pardon me), F10, F11, F2 etc. etc. It does go to safe mode but does not open safe mode. It keeps logging out and going back to the password page.

Can someone help me please? If no alternative is there, I guess I could simply reformat? This is such a waste as I spent quite a bit of money to upgrade it and installed Windows 7 version after removing XP. My nephew preferred this version to XP.

Thanks in advance.

Reformat unless you want your nephew to learn the art of a hacker. Disable password if possible next time.

(04-11-2013, 11:45 PM)gspal Wrote:
(03-11-2013, 10:55 AM)themt10@gmail.com Wrote: I have a spare CPU which is being used by my nephew. It has Windows 7 Home Premium version and was upgraded about 4 months ago. The problem with this now is that he had put in a desktop password. When the system is switched on, it immediately asks for Desktop password after booting. Apparently, some friend of his in college had changed it and he is not even aware of who did it. Whatever, suffice to say that we are unable to unlock the desktop asking for the password. I have tried all the F's (pardon me), F10, F11, F2 etc. etc. It does go to safe mode but does not open safe mode. It keeps logging out and going back to the password page.

Thanks in advance.

Reformat unless you want your nephew to learn the art of a hacker. Disable password if possible next time.

GS,

Why am I not surprised that only you would take the initiative of replying and no one else? But there are ways of doing it without hacking with the free password restore tools around. Will get around to informing you if I have been successful or not later.

(05-11-2013, 07:25 AM)themt10@gmail.com Wrote:
(04-11-2013, 11:45 PM)gspal Wrote:

Thanks in advance.

GS,

Why am I not surprised that only you would take the initiative of replying and no one else? But there are ways of doing it without hacking with the free password restore tools around. Will get around to informing you if I have been successful or not later.

See if you can use system restore in safe mode to the time it was installed the first time. If nothing works and you need to reinstall then install Windows 7 Professional as it has facility for XP mode - http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/144...tions.html. Also see if you can disable password right at the beginning - http://www.sevenforums.com/system-securi...sword.html.

I prefer to remain with XP2. Windows 8 for PC, I read, is a huge CRAP with Microsoft trying to popularize it through the constipated sounding Nokia mobile phones that it took over.

(23-01-2014, 03:14 PM)steplink Wrote: hello ...
which problem you are phasing this is called a BIOS security..
he had unfortunately apply BIOS protraction password..
you will try to remember that password or...it have to change BIOS hardware ...

Thanks for the late reply. I am flattered. In fact, it took me quite a few minutes to really wonder what I had written. I believe it is related to the emptiness a long-time MT gets pounding mindlessly on a computer. It is so bad that when I go to the loo I am pounding away on an invisible keyboard and I think I do it also when I am sleeping. If anyone talks to me ordinarily, my instinctive reaction is to reach for the computer, adjust volume controls and put on my headphone. How's that for dead-ication?

I can safely say that we MTs can be chosen for a one way ticket to the moon or mercury or wherever you fancy. No one will miss us.

Coming back to the question of the computer not turning on because of forgotten password, someone locally told me meet Mr. X who will fix your computer in a jiffy. So I lugged the computer to Mr. X who sneered and in five minutes he had bypassed it and there I was with the screen open in front of me. Total cost? Rs. 100/--yea monnnney waaalks and taaaks.

Anyway, steplinkIndia....duh..thanks for taking the trouble in answering.

MT10, like your diction.. why dont u blog for MTs.. Idea  

MTFORSURE,

I read your comments and appreciate it.  You have given me food for thought.  I guess I will get around to it.  My thoughts tend to spill over like verbal diarrhea.

I do have only one problem though.  As you have seen, not many MTs tend to reply to anyone in this forum except for Jutamaro and GSPal.  So I got bored and stopped appearing here much.  The rest of the MTs seem to have gotten New Year constipation and are dully going about their miserable MT jobs to get milked more and more by their bosses.  The dollar is going up, up and more up!!! while we miserable MTs whine and whine and whine and still continue on wages fit for the drain cleaner, hell even they earn better than most MTs.

Anyway, I would love to get into some blog at least where there are comments that I can get and respond to.

Take care.