Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how can I improve my grammer skills
I want to improve my grammer skills. Please shoe me the direction. I am bit confusedSad
First of all, read a lot, listen to others speak and carefully make note of how they frame their sentences. You can watch American movies without subtitles, with the audio on the earphones. This will help you catch every word. Make sure to refer the dictionary for the meaning of words you do not understand. Whenever you type messages on SMS or EMail ensure that the sentence structure is proper and do not use informal spelling. Start thinking in English it will help a lot.Shy

will follow
reading and writing and communicating in English really helps to improve and you have to ask your friends to point out your mistakes while you are communicating with them..
(10-01-2013, 11:17 AM)rockyarora Wrote: reading and writing and communicating in English really helps to improve and you have to ask your friends to point out your mistakes while you are communicating with them..

Sorry to say one thing, first you improve and build up your correction in spelling, then go for grammar skills (GRAMMER is incorrect and it is GRAMMAR). Firstly, parts of speech is important, learn them properly, there is no need for you to buy any books for this as Google search will guide you to appropriate site for it.

Thanks
I started to watch cartoon network at the age of 12 and at that time there were no dubbing in regional language and everyone had to listen to English and this helped me so much (Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Laboratory, loony toons etc. Then I used to see English movies and hear songs and read the lyrics along with them and this helped me to catch curves and twists in the language. I tried to develop my grammar by reading books and used to write down new words and doubtful sentences and checked it later in google. I think this will help everyone to a great extent. If we think getting a grip in grammar is like winning a war then it will obviously be difficult and the only thing we really need is the love and hunger to know more for this beautiful language.
(26-11-2010, 11:30 AM)ishuanki Wrote: I want to improve my grammer skills. Please shoe me the direction. I am bit confusedSad

Go through the FAQ page of Ginger and download and install the small exe file for free version which works for both English (US) & English (UK). Grammar and spelling will be corrected as you type.There is a separate free version for Android Tablets and Cell phones.

To have text read aloud you can use deskbot which is absolutely free. Here you would have to set it up for different male/female accents.
Try online coaching and do worksheets regularly apart from online MT English classes.  Stick to reading, writing and speaking English as far as possible.  Make corrections and MOST practice. 

Learn the difference between Practice and Practise, Affect and Effect, Its and It's...so on..

Check out this website:

http://www.getitwriteonline.com/archive/tips.htm