Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
when can I expect a raise?
Wink 
hi,
I have been doing home MT for the past 8-9 months. Currently I am getting Rs.1/line. Any idea when i can expect an increase in that. Being relatively new to this field, I am not sure what the normal rates in India are. When I asked my HT coordinator for a raise, he didnt bother to reply!Dodgy Also what would be the monthly amount that a beginner like me would be expected to make.
thanks & regards
Being in MT field since 2004, I can surely say it is not going to increase. I have done HBT for several times since 2005, I never got more than Re.1. Still when I inquire about HBT work, companies, vendors, and mediators quote 70-90 paise per line. Even, few companies give toughest doctors for HBTs and easy files for in-house employees Smile
Hi Akashya Telescribe, Moogapair, Chennai

Requires Experienced MTs & Editors for both Inhouse and HBT. Attractive rates for HBTs and night shift HTs.

Email ur resume to : qm@akashya.in
Could you please post here the attractive rates you are paying for HBTs.
You can surely expect up to 1.35 to 1.50 when you can give direct upload accuracy, ie 98.5%. since it is only 8-9 months for you, as naveen said, you cannot expect more than Re.1 at this time.
but i have been working for re.1 for the past 4 years giving 98% accuracy
(23-12-2011, 12:02 PM)Mavrash Wrote: You can surely expect up to 1.35 to 1.50 when you can give direct upload accuracy, ie 98.5%. since it is only 8-9 months for you, as naveen said, you cannot expect more than Re.1 at this time.

98.5% is direct upload quality per American standards. However, by "phukre" Indian standards direct upload quality is 99.5% without blanks or fault in template. Only then expect 1.35-1.50. Which too u may never get as there will be no feedback on how/why u did not reach 99.5% accuracy!!

(08-02-2012, 12:46 AM)jutamaro Wrote:
(23-12-2011, 12:02 PM)Mavrash Wrote: You can surely expect up to 1.35 to 1.50 when you can give direct upload accuracy, ie 98.5%. since it is only 8-9 months for you, as naveen said, you cannot expect more than Re.1 at this time.

98.5% is direct upload quality per American standards. However, by "phukre" Indian standards direct upload quality is 99.5% without blanks or fault in template. Only then expect 1.35-1.50. Which too u may never get as there will be no feedback on how/why u did not reach 99.5% accuracy!!

I dont know how you came to this conclusion. You do get daily feedbacks from companies, like I get even today and some companies have good managers who acknowledge your work and push you to the next level so that you get higher pays (the company also benefits from it). Just go for it........all is not negative.
Contact me for HT work... Direct Upload at attractive rates... bijoyram@gmail.com

(08-03-2012, 01:30 PM)Mavrash Wrote:
(08-02-2012, 12:46 AM)jutamaro Wrote:

I dont know how you came to this conclusion. You do get daily feedbacks from companies, like I get even today and some companies have good managers who acknowledge your work and push you to the next level so that you get higher pays (the company also benefits from it). Just go for it........all is not negative.
ITS HARD TO GUESS WHEN THE EXACT AMOUNT OF RAISE WOULD GO UP.. THAT MISTLY DEPENDS ON THE SITUATION