• Welcome to MT Forum!
  • India's largest Medical Transcriptionists Community
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

New registrations are manually reviewed by our moderators to prevent spam...please allow us sometime to review your registration and approve. Thanks!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking MT jobs
Seeking HBT jobs.

Hi mtjobseekers,

What I am about to write is not meant to be offensive.  It is just an observation.

You have been coming to this site with the same request again and again to which I had initially sympathized and replied to you pretty clearly as to what to do.  Others have also replied, some very rudely and bluntly which our moderator promptly removed which was wrong.  Any forum should allow anybody's comments or views for the sake of argument and healthy debate.  Also, it shows out the character and standing of a person with respect to how to respond to struggling and potential transcriptionists regardless of age and also the shocking attitude to elders.

Coming back to why I am replying, I am extremely confused.  Why is it you do not seem to bother finding out training institutes in Mumbai and/or MT companies whom you can approach for MT work?  If I can google from another state I can easily find these companies without any problem.  Spending some time in approaching them for help and guidance would easily lead to training companies in Mumbai.

There is this other potential MT who wants information, Sonu, I believe, to whom Lee76 and I had replied to.  Once or twice is okay but if you keep on asking for information about this without making your own inquiries you will not get much help.

Also please do not mention your age again and again. You should be aware that in this rat race that would be a very big disadvantage.  In medical transcription, most employers do prefer the younger generation to work but if you are very good and have experience then finding work in spite of your age should not be difficult if you can prove your mettle.

I would suggest you stop monotonously sending the same request and do some look-up in Google.  All the information is there if you just take the trouble.  

Regards.  

(08-05-2015, 07:42 AM)themt10@gmail.com Wrote: Hi mtjobseekers,

What I am about to write is not meant to be offensive.  It is just an observation.

You have been coming to this site with the same request again and again to which I had initially sympathized and replied to you pretty clearly as to what to do.  Others have also replied, some very rudely and bluntly which our moderator promptly removed which was wrong.  Any forum should allow anybody's comments or views for the sake of argument and healthy debate.  Also, it shows out the character and standing of a person with respect to how to respond to struggling and potential transcriptionists regardless of age and also the shocking attitude to elders.

Coming back to why I am replying, I am extremely confused.  Why is it you do not seem to bother finding out training institutes in Mumbai and/or MT companies whom you can approach for MT work?  If I can google from another state I can easily find these companies without any problem.  Spending some time in approaching them for help and guidance would easily lead to training companies in Mumbai.

There is this other potential MT who wants information, Sonu, I believe, to whom Lee76 and I had replied to.  Once or twice is okay but if you keep on asking for information about this without making your own inquiries you will not get much help.

Also please do not mention your age again and again. You should be aware that in this rat race that would be a very big disadvantage.  In medical transcription, most employers do prefer the younger generation to work but if you are very good and have experience then finding work in spite of your age should not be difficult if you can prove your mettle.

I would suggest you stop monotonously sending the same request and do some look-up in Google.  All the information is there if you just take the trouble.  

Regards.  

I looked up Google and found only 3 companies in Mumbai.
All charging ridiculous rates and having ridiculous terms of placement.
So I posted here.
Will not do so again. 
Seeking HBT jobs.

Again and Again this concept of MT or MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTION is HIGHLY MISUNDERSTOOD. 

Everyone as I was keeping on reminding think this field is SIMILAR to a Secretary to Medical Doctors, just listen and type.

I have been emphasizing This to go through the site www.mtstars.com to get better picture of what is happening in this filed which once was as everybody thought LISTEN AND TYPE.

Today, this Industry is flooded with Voice recognition or automatic software making offshore work or people working for foreign country more difficult.  

Yes, as elderly couple I appreciate the enthusiasm of your working nature, but sincerely advice you to consider, other fields like proofreading, etc. better since what energy a 20+ yr old does in 8-10 hrs of input gets hardly 15,000 to 20,000 with regular negative feedbacks. 

If at all you are ready for these please consider it once again.  Normal person entering into this field itself will get all sorts of side effects at the end of the day, apart from sitting for 8 straight hours of typing and other things, so....

Best of LUCK.  Will post you if I come across GOOD work from home sites.

(09-05-2015, 09:34 AM)LEE76 Wrote: Again and Again this concept of MT or MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTION is HIGHLY MISUNDERSTOOD. 

Everyone as I was keeping on reminding think this field is SIMILAR to a Secretary to Medical Doctors, just listen and type.

I have been emphasizing This to go through the site www.mtstars.com to get better picture of what is happening in this filed which once was as everybody thought LISTEN AND TYPE.

Today, this Industry is flooded with Voice recognition or automatic software making offshore work or people working for foreign country more difficult.  

Yes, as elderly couple I appreciate the enthusiasm of your working nature, but sincerely advice you to consider, other fields like proofreading, etc. better since what energy a 20+ yr old does in 8-10 hrs of input gets hardly 15,000 to 20,000 with regular negative feedbacks. 

If at all you are ready for these please consider it once again.  Normal person entering into this field itself will get all sorts of side effects at the end of the day, apart from sitting for 8 straight hours of typing and other things, so....

Best of LUCK.  Will post you if I come across GOOD work from home sites.
Thanks LEE76
[url=http://www.mtforum.in/member.php?action=profile&uid=2525][/url]
Seeking HBT jobs.

(09-05-2015, 04:54 PM)mtjobseekers Wrote: The world would be better off without such ASSH@@ES!!
Stop it. There are already dummies making nonsense posts unrelated to MT and Admin is doing nothing about. We members need to maintain decorum. By the way, 51 years is no old age. You can still pick up transcription if one is well versed with a computer and MS Office with good typing speed. Unlike general transcription, as a medical transcriber you would need to work in an office having skilled seniors or with a senior accomplice doing the same, for couple of years before starting off on your own from home. You may try your hand at some medical transcription audio that with other medical transcription softwares you will find here.

All the best.

(07-05-2015, 08:26 PM)mtjobseekers Wrote: Hi.

My husband and I are both 51 years of age.

We are both jobless and as such we are wondering if we could get jobs and try to salvage some sort of career at our age, in the field of medical transcription.

Can you please guide us and help us?

Awaiting your kind response.

Thank you and regards.

Hi,

we r offering a wonderful offer for u and ur husband kindly go through on our website www.skinfoserve.com.

Thanks n Regards 
Husna

(07-05-2015, 08:26 PM)Hai,I\m Veena from Firstsource SOLUTIONS Pvt. ltd. Sholinganallur Chennai. We do have huge opening for MTs night shift position, package is 20 - 30 % hike from current ctc. Kindly contact me @ 8754455996 / 9443680841. Wrote: Hi.

My husband and I are both 51 years of age.

We are both jobless and as such we are wondering if we could get jobs and try to salvage some sort of career at our age, in the field of medical transcription.

Can you please guide us and help us?

Awaiting your kind response.

Thank you and regards.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Genuine online jobs Mavrash 3 6,546 03-01-2011, 08:10 AM
Last Post: sai