Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to medical transcription
Hi All,

I am a B.E graduate and have nearly 10 years of experience in IT. Due to personal reasons I am not able to continue by career. 
I am a Biology student in my +2 and very much interested in medical field.
Since Medical transcription could give me work from home option, I am looking at pursuing this as a career.
I have looked into many training institution for the training and placement services,
Could anyone please provide me the feedback/review on TRANSDOC trainings - http://www.transdoc.in/index

Thanks very much!
(14-06-2015, 12:23 PM)tenkanidiyoor Wrote: Hi All,

I am a B.E graduate and have nearly 10 years of experience in IT. Due to personal reasons I am not able to continue by career. 
I am a Biology student in my +2 and very much interested in medical field.
Since Medical transcription could give me work from home option, I am looking at pursuing this as a career.
I have looked into many training institution for the training and placement services,
Could anyone please provide me the feedback/review on TRANSDOC trainings - http://www.transdoc.in/index

Thanks very much!
Usually no company is giving work from home option without working in-house for at least one year.  Pay is very low compared other fields of work in MT field now.  Before some years (before 2008) it had good pay but afterwards it became very dull and is continuing in the same state and seems to continue in the same level.  What pay structure given in transdoc.in website is completely false.  After 7 years of experience and working from home for about 10 hours I am getting at the most 15,000 Rs per month (manual transcription work).  I cannot make at the most 600 lines work because the dictations are so touch.

In night shift one may earn 30,000 or 35,000 is ASR platforms after if one can upload directly.  Direct upload quality cannot be achieved having several years of experience.  It depends on one's intelligence, experience.  This field needs full concentration on work and cannot be done with having younger kids and looking after them along with this work as stated by advertisements.
Thanks for your comment Anand!!!
Do not enter into this profession if you are just starting out. Stay away from it.

Looking at your past experience, check out the projects listed on Guru.com, Freelancer.com Odesk.com, and eLance.com and see if you can do them. It takes time to get established on these sites, but after that, it will be easy to get projects.

Also, check Fiverr.com.
MT Forum is the India's largest Medical Transcriptionists Community.  Proud to be a member of it and let your colleagues know about it.
thanks tenkanidiyoor actually am on completing  nursing  anmd i heard medical transcription is good and job oriented , i also support home option is not good so i search about this for online study some website sare found like medusahcs.net pls suggest any good online institution or courses thanks in advance
@Jinumm Read my advice above.
MT Forum is the India's largest Medical Transcriptionists Community.  Proud to be a member of it and let your colleagues know about it.
completely agree with admin dont join this field if you are starting fresh...we are stuck cant leave now as it is too late to do anything new...get out when time is there...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking home based transcription work fsrussel 0 5,420 10-07-2017, 11:48 PM
Last Post: fsrussel
  New to forum padmajaranee 0 5,387 29-04-2017, 09:42 PM
Last Post: padmajaranee
  Medical Transcription openings haritnamboodiri 0 5,846 24-08-2016, 01:00 PM
Last Post: haritnamboodiri
  New Mohd 0 3,063 31-03-2015, 04:05 PM
Last Post: Mohd
  new here abhi_88 0 3,235 13-05-2014, 05:07 PM
Last Post: abhi_88