Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Future of MT industry
Huh Huh Huh Hello people have you thought what will happen if we continue to work in this industry for another 10 years (do you get scared or get heart attack Angel Angry Angel ).  Do we have to work for this 1 rupee/line for another 10 years??? as I have worked this last 10 years...Have you guys started to feel the pressure/irritation/frustration/stress level that has increased every day when you put on the headset due to increasing commitments, financial burden which we are not able to keep up with the rising inflation...have you guys also felt stuck here forever and cant leave this field forever as I have...please let me know what to do, which field to go, cant start coding also as starting salary is too low, cant survive on that salary also and after few years even that also will come to a halt growth and salary wise I know...I see everyday repeated ads in the mtforum and then followed by the comments about what kind of company they really are...thank you for letting me out the frustration as does everybody in the forum lately...
(29-10-2015, 11:45 PM)binusebastian Wrote: Mt job is not there, switch to other carreers like selling newspapers or vegetables, or manual labor jobs, medical transcription is not available,

OR Roadside tea shop or kirana shop.  You can increase your rates whenever you want.
(29-10-2015, 11:45 PM)binusebastian Wrote: Mt job is not there, switch to other carreers like selling newspapers or vegetables, or manual labor jobs, medical transcription is not available,

MT jobs remain for future also but rates may decrease further.  Better to do labour work in agriculture field or mason work or carpenter work, etc than MT.  There is shortage of labour workers in agriculture, so labour charges are increasing year by year.  Even freelance cook work also give minimum 1500 Rs per day (preparing food items for special family occasions, functions, marriages, other functions etc) in our area; no headache of quality, penalty etc.
hahahhaha,

I have the best idea...I am thinking about quitting and buying ration daaal and selling it off on black..easy money.  With the demand for sambar, idli, wada etc. still high in South India, I will be rich very soon.

Partners are welcome, investment minimal.

You, of course, will have to have a mobile for increasing buyer's contacts apart from you regular ones, wear used dhoti or lungi to help facilitate easier loading and unloading the goods (you will have to chip in lifting the gunny bags to save money on labor) NO FANCY BUM SHORTS, JEANS, T-SHIRTS etc.  You do not want to attract the cops now, do you?  Chewing paan or tobacco will be a great asset.  If you know any Tamil gaalis, best bet.

Guaranteed to buy up any MT company within six months.  Any takers?

Achcha din aayega....
(29-10-2015, 10:25 PM)rajavarma Wrote: Huh Huh Huh Hello people have you thought what will happen if we continue to work in this industry for another 10 years (do you get scared or get heart attack Angel Angry Angel ).  Do we have to work for this 1 rupee/line for another 10 years??? as I have worked this last 10 years...Have you guys started to feel the pressure/irritation/frustration/stress level that has increased every day when you put on the headset due to increasing commitments, financial burden which we are not able to keep up with the rising inflation...have you guys also felt stuck here forever and cant leave this field forever as I have...please let me know what to do, which field to go, cant start coding also as starting salary is too low, cant survive on that salary also and after few years even that also will come to a halt growth and salary wise I know...I see everyday repeated ads in the mtforum and then followed by the comments about what kind of company they really are...thank you for letting me out the frustration as does everybody in the forum lately...

Big Grin Never be disheartened though you have worked for long period of time.  Utilize ur skills and try to become production manager or even attempt for operation managers post which should fetch you good money.  As for additional income, I suggest that you try learning at fast pace with good practical training in medicine at www.123sonography.com.  You can come in contact directly with the renowned physicians who might be able to give you better opportunity.  Continue working and also do some own small business from your home to supplement your income.  You can do business from home if you search the internet. So don't be frustrated and don't drop your head at one stroke.  If medicine interests you, try a course in the medicine that is future and career oriented along with this MT work until you get into full medical field.  Furthermore, if you study diploma in international export and import course and after attaining skills, you can get good money.  International exporting of products fetches you good money.  Never let go off your heart.  Look at other fields that fetch money despite working in this industry.  Cheer up man, things are up and down in any field.  It is part and parcel of work and life. You have to take the down strides in your life and come out of it successfully.  

Dont lose heart!!!  Showcase your talent and a very good company will grab you with good perks and bright future.   Your have the skills and hone them sharply.  do feel good, man.  Think positive and leave out negatives.  Got me!!! Big Grin
thank you for the ideas guys...idli sambar idea is good...I expected such idiotic replies/comments from binubesitan Angry Angry Angry ...
Hi rajavarma:

At the outset, you are welcome to vent and it is the right place..  Just ignore the trolls..  It takes more than courage to express ones healthy fear in a forum, but it's nothing to worry and nothing new..

It's never too late.. Either one can adapt or quest and zeal to learn new technologies..

Already Suresh and themt10 and others (but not the above-mentioned idea of themt10, though it's a good one..lol) shared their ideas and suggestions in this post or other..

Keep your fingers crossed, you/we may get more suggestions..
(29-10-2015, 10:25 PM)rajavarma Wrote: -------------------For Raja Varma's apprehension see above----------------

There is no need to be negative about MT field in the future.  As far as I know many (most) of my MT friends have invested in plots on the outskirts of the city which in future may give good returns, some of them purchased cars and they have rented it to companies on monthly basis, some of them do not have much responsibilities as children have nearly completed their studies and there is not so much pressure on them.

All of my friends have tried something parallel to MT since 10 years like running xerox shops, small fast food centers, agencies, etc.  More importantly in difficult times, wives also started working in MT as well as other fields to supplement the income.   Some MTs are getting rent and they do not have much expense since they moved to their native place and are living in their own house in remote areas where expenses are less working as HBTs.  Few of them did other courses like MBA, software course and left the MT field midway.

Right now only senior MTs are under pressure as they have to take new responsibilities like handling new difficult accounts and managing their family.  Now they are spending only on essential things and are allowing time to pass. Otherwise new MTs who have just started their career are happy and hopeful about the future as we were in the year 2000.

Last but not the least, Mtforum is also helping to take proper decisions and is helping to get in touch with things happening around.

Cheers-There is nothing to worry.
yes agree Pepzy and transmys all your suggestions are 100% acknowledged...one more idea I got was try for other places like dubai as you can get respectable posts and salary there, but with family and all it is just getting delayed...hopefully with hardwork and thinking can get out of this mess Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin ...
(31-10-2015, 10:07 AM)transmys Wrote:
(29-10-2015, 10:25 PM)rajavarma Wrote: -------------------For Raja Varma's apprehension see above----------------

There is no need to be negative about MT field in the future.  As far as I know many (most) of my MT friends have invested in plots on the outskirts of the city which in future may give good returns, some of them purchased cars and they have rented it to companies on monthly basis, some of them do not have much responsibilities as children have nearly completed their studies and there is not so much pressure on them.

All of my friends have tried something parallel to MT since 10 years like running xerox shops, small fast food centers, agencies, etc.  More importantly in difficult times, wives also started working in MT as well as other fields to supplement the income.   Some MTs are getting rent and they do not have much expense since they moved to their native place and are living in their own house in remote areas where expenses are less working as HBTs.  Few of them did other courses like MBA, software course and left the MT field midway.

Right now only senior MTs are under pressure as they have to take new responsibilities like handling new difficult accounts and managing their family.  Now they are spending only on essential things and are allowing time to pass. Otherwise new MTs who have just started their career are happy and hopeful about the future as we were in the year 2000.

Last but not the least, Mtforum is also helping to take proper decisions and is helping to get in touch with things happening around.

Cheers-There is nothing to worry.

Hi All: Worry leads to more WORRIES, so goli mar bhejae phey..but still I worry.I was in a different field (blue collar job) and switched to this MT thing in 2000 thinking that life will become easy. (AC office, wearing neat colorful dresses, etc) But now, the ppl who were in the previous field which I quit are doing well.Initially they had less pay.In fact I was earning more than them, but now they have grown in position and rank steadily and are now happy with their life. They have time for every occasions and event, enjoy regional and national holidays, sometimes rain holidays as well, do travel, etc. Look at me after 15 years, sitting chained with headset and footpedal typing this irritating dictation. What a bad decision I made 15 years ago. Koie lautaday mera bethay hauwai din. Maybe I should ask Modiji.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  future of UK transcription in india sensmt 0 5,250 26-06-2017, 01:13 AM
Last Post: sensmt
  Future of Medical Transcription Dharv 6 19,634 01-11-2015, 05:20 PM
Last Post: RAJESWARA
  Future of the medical transcription industry Saniabanu 4 19,358 23-07-2014, 11:33 PM
Last Post: Trans IT Solutions
  Changing industry - good or bad - at whose cost curse2bmt 0 4,081 28-09-2013, 06:07 PM
Last Post: curse2bmt
Thumbs Down Voice Recognition Software- Time Bomb for the whole of MT industry. Mavrash 1 8,449 13-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Last Post: naveen