Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MT Industry going downhill -- Nuance monopoly
By this time, most of you must have been aware that the monopoly of Nuance in MT industry.  Now the situation is so bad that Nuance is coming up with new policies regarding quality, which is almost choking up the earnings of an MT.  Now the strategy of Nuance is to wipe out its existing vendors and force the MTs working with those vendors to sign up with NTS, which most of us know is highly exploitative.. and we also have the factor of prejudice where one set of MTs are favored over the rest.  This is the typical shark attitude where the big fish devours all the small fishes and the remaining fishes are forced to enter the shark's mouth and be ultimately killed. 

Those working with Nuance must be aware of the recent new guidelines regarding quality where even 5 points deduction in fiesa is liable for termination of your DSP status and also the blanks are penalized at 0.25 points (so if you do a tough file with 15 lines and leave 2 blanks, your accuracy level will be around 80% or below and if your average accuracy falls below 98.5% by the end of the month, you are terminated immediately) and the vendors are holding up their hands and saying that they do not have any say in guidelines formed by Nuance, which has become quite repressive in a short span of the past 6 months. So you can imagine how many can survive with Nuance vendors and your condition when suddenly you are informed that your status is non-DSP with the applied rate of 50 paisa per line and no hope for getting back DSP status for months (according to the new guidelines) so suddenly you find that there is no money in your account for a month and you are late in paying your house rent or your child's school fees. In addition to this, most of work is also sourced out to Philippines who sign up with Nuance and in fact they also get easy accounts to start with.  

In addition to this, the buzzword is that the doctors will stop dictating in the very near future in a phased manner because it is time consuming and they are not able to concentrate on patient care, and use EMR to record the patient details. So this will result in slowly the accounts getting terminated from the client and consequently the vendors getting wiped out and the MTs rendered jobless.

With this scenario looming overhead, I recently became aware that many MT guys have joined office-based medical coding work and others joined work from home websites (there are many medical related jobs like image to word conversion of prescriptions etc.) are earning a decent salary (at least enough to lead a respectable lifestyle) without the tension of sudden joblessness and sitting at night hearing to tough files and worried about accuracy or irreversibly damaging your health working in continuous night shifts.  These jobs have a TAT of 15 days or 1 month and you can do it at your leisure.  With the typing speed we have, I am sure there are a lot of opportunities like form filling and captcha solving and the like with the opportunities ever expanding.  MTs have to be proactive in this regard to keep on earning.  After all earning 15 to 20k per month to start with at your leisure is pretty decent to start with and the you can always go up the ladder as you gain experience. After all progress is the name of the game and if you are not progressing in one field, jump to the other, but keep earning month by month.

Recently I was approached by a gentleman who posted in this forum recently for transcribing patient-doctor conversation.. and the dictation was clear and with little practice it must be easy for most of us... but the payment is on a bit on the low side, which may pick up in future.  This indicates the various avenues opening up for MTs apart from working Nuance who has an unfair monopoly in the MT industry.

So, I request the members of this forum to stop crapping about MT field and become more proactive in talking to your colleagues and keep your eyes open for alternative jobs opportunities and update it in the forum for the benefit of all. We have to get out of the mindset that only Nuance can provide us the bread and butter and start up anew where we feel comfortable.

I assure you all that I will be posting a few sites after I personally experience the work environment of these companies.

I hope to see new companies posting medical related jobs in this forum also so that it can be of help to us.

UPDATES:

I found these sites interesting

http://surejob.in/captcha-entry-job-sites.html

http://opportunitygateway.weebly.com/vir...-home.html

http://www.jobjungle.info/2011/02/current-openings.html

www.futurerisingconsulting.com

http://realdatajobs.com/data-entry-jobs/...aAodlCoEsQ

http://www.viewpointpanel.com/signup/gglads.html

http://onlinejobs.nmggrroups.com/?gclid=...aAodh_4IYw

now its up to you all to pick the right job or explore other sites and let the forum know about it. Anyways, according to me its better than digging in the rocks with nuance.

Or maybe the more adventurous ones can venture out of their homes and take medical coding
Truly Said!

Most of Nuance vendors are not respecting the MT, they are not considering MTs even a human being.

One said, "there are no options, your ID has been blocked with immediate effect" and they paid 0.42 paisa per line for non-DSP now.

Monopoly is now becoming worst part in MT industry.
I have to say superb post and I was thinking of joining to nuance...I am also trying to quit this field for so long now, but nothing appropriate has not come up...If you guys come up with some online genuine jobs like whatever it is like siby said form filling or anything please post the company name, address or website as there are whole bunch of fraudsters also...
(10-03-2016, 01:50 PM)siby Wrote: By this time, most of you must have been aware that the monopoly of Nuance in MT industry.  Now the situation is so bad that Nuance is coming up with new policies regarding quality, which is almost choking up the earnings of an MT.  Now the strategy of Nuance is to wipe out its existing vendors and force the MTs working with those vendors to sign up with NTS, which most of us know is highly exploitative.. and we also have the factor of prejudice where one set of MTs are favored over the rest.  This is the typical shark attitude where the big fish devours all the small fishes and the remaining fishes are forced to enter the shark's mouth and be ultimately killed. 

Those working with Nuance must be aware of the recent new guidelines regarding quality where even 5 points deduction in fiesa is liable for termination of your DSP status and also the blanks are penalized at 0.25 points (so if you do a tough file with 15 lines and leave 2 blanks, your accuracy level will be around 80% or below and if your average accuracy falls below 98.5% by the end of the month, you are terminated immediately) and the vendors are holding up their hands and saying that they do not have any say in guidelines formed by Nuance, which has become quite repressive in a short span of the past 6 months.  So you can imagine how many can survive with Nuance vendors and your condition when suddenly you are informed that your status is non-DSP with the applied rate of 50 paisa per line and no hope for getting back DSP status for months (according to the new guidelines) so suddenly you find that there is no money in your account for a month and you are late in paying your house rent or your child's school fees.  In addition to this, most of work is also sourced out to Philippines who sign up with Nuance and in fact they also get easy accounts to start with.  

In addition to this, the buzzword is that the doctors will stop dictating in the very near future in a phased manner because it is time consuming and they are not able to concentrate on patient care, and use EMR to record the patient details.  So this will result in slowly the accounts getting terminated from the client and consequently the vendors getting wiped out and the MTs rendered jobless.

With this scenario looming overhead, I recently became aware that many MT guys have joined office-based medical coding work and others joined work from home websites (there are many medical related jobs like image to word conversion of prescriptions etc.) are earning a decent salary (at least enough to lead a respectable lifestyle) without the tension of sudden joblessness and sitting at night hearing to tough files and worried about accuracy or irreversibly damaging your health working in continuous night shifts.  These jobs have a TAT of 15 days or 1 month and you can do it at your leisure.  With the typing speed we have, I am sure there are a lot of opportunities like form filling and captcha solving and the like with the opportunities ever expanding.  MTs have to be proactive in this regard to keep on earning.  After all earning 15 to 20k per month to start with at your leisure is pretty decent to start with and the you can always go up the ladder as you gain experience.  After all progress is the name of the game and if you are not progressing in one field, jump to the other, but keep earning month by month.

Recently I was approached by a gentleman who posted in this forum recently for transcribing patient-doctor conversation.. and the dictation was clear and with little practice it must be easy for most of us... but the payment is on a bit on the low side, which may pick up in future.  This indicates the various avenues opening up for MTs apart from working Nuance who has an unfair monopoly in the MT industry.

So, I request the members of this forum to stop crapping about MT field and become more proactive in talking to your colleagues and keep your eyes open for alternative jobs opportunities and update it in the forum for the benefit of all.  We have to get out of the mindset that only Nuance can provide us the bread and butter and start up anew where we feel comfortable.

I assure you all that I will be posting a few sites after I personally experience the work environment of these companies.

I hope to see new companies posting medical related jobs in this forum also so that it can be of help to us.

Hi pls let us know the other opportunities that are available and where they are available.
Thanks a lot Siby for the sites you have mentioned in the top...By doing some R and D in the above websites I have found the below website as the best among the best...This is 100% legit and no investment.  Below is the link you can become a member by signing up...

http://www.clixsense.com/?8935254

I made $3.5 in 2 days by spending nearly 2 hours by doing some surveys and clicking some ads...I know it is not too much earning, but I did it when I was waiting for the files to start or was free doing nothing...the jobs are pretty easy...Even though the earning is low I just like the kind of work it involves and best no need to wear headphone or have to be afraid of any accuracy...the surveys are little tricky but can yield some high earnings...This is just my second day, got excited and came to tell others about it...Do it in your free time for some extra cash when you dont have work or bored...
Get Paid to Take Surveys
We will provide to our members to access to paid online survey websites as a free package

Companies around the world spend enormous amount on advertising and are constantly TRYING TO FIND OUT WHAT THEIR CONSUMER WANT. The Survey companies send survey invitation by Email.

The survey contains a list of questions designed to find out what people like, what they are interested in, what kind of products they buy, why they choose one product over another, what they think of certain products, how much they spend on various products etc..

Each question of the survey has 4 to 5 choice answers among which you have to choose an answer according to your opinion. The participants shall fill the survey received in email and submit it online.

You can earn up to RS.100/- per survey, just for giving your opinion, which will also have an impact on future products. We provide over thousands companies willing to pay you. All of these companies are free to sign up with.
EARN MONEY BY READING EMAILS
We will provide to our members to access to Reading emails websites as a free package

Get Paid-To-read emails program`s process is very simple. The websites sends you emails with advertiser's link, All you need to do is click on the advertiser`s advertisement, visit and view their website for 15 seconds and after that you get paid. You also get paid when your direct referrals clicks on the advertiser's Ads.

You will even earn more if you have a lot of direct referrals which makes the income potential literally unlimited. You are paid RS.5/-- RS.50/- per email, different sites pay differently, you also earn by referring these sites to your friends and you earn 15% - 20% of their earnings.

If you want to work with above mentioned part ime jobs from home immediately? then, Sign up today and you will receive unlimited LIFETIME access to our members area. Just pay our one-time fee Rs:650/-, We constantly update our database with all of the latest home job offers and money-making opportunities. As a member you will receive all future updates FREE for life! genuine and you can earn millions...read more here
http://easyworksonline.com/
Hey Guys...

Anyone still wanting to continue with MT field... you may want to consider iData India.

We have some fresh requirements again for direct QAs on various platforms.

Please email your resume to hr@idata-llc.com.

Thanks & Regards
Jesudas
(10-03-2016, 01:50 PM)siby Wrote: By this time, most of you must have been aware that the monopoly of Nuance in MT industry.  Now the situation is so bad that Nuance is coming up with new policies regarding quality, which is almost choking up the earnings of an MT.  Now the strategy of Nuance is to wipe out its existing vendors and force the MTs working with those vendors to sign up with NTS, which most of us know is highly exploitative.. and we also have the factor of prejudice where one set of MTs are favored over the rest.  This is the typical shark attitude where the big fish devours all the small fishes and the remaining fishes are forced to enter the shark's mouth and be ultimately killed. 

Those working with Nuance must be aware of the recent new guidelines regarding quality where even 5 points deduction in fiesa is liable for termination of your DSP status and also the blanks are penalized at 0.25 points (so if you do a tough file with 15 lines and leave 2 blanks, your accuracy level will be around 80% or below and if your average accuracy falls below 98.5% by the end of the month, you are terminated immediately) and the vendors are holding up their hands and saying that they do not have any say in guidelines formed by Nuance, which has become quite repressive in a short span of the past 6 months.  So you can imagine how many can survive with Nuance vendors and your condition when suddenly you are informed that your status is non-DSP with the applied rate of 50 paisa per line and no hope for getting back DSP status for months (according to the new guidelines) so suddenly you find that there is no money in your account for a month and you are late in paying your house rent or your child's school fees.  In addition to this, most of work is also sourced out to Philippines who sign up with Nuance and in fact they also get easy accounts to start with.  

In addition to this, the buzzword is that the doctors will stop dictating in the very near future in a phased manner because it is time consuming and they are not able to concentrate on patient care, and use EMR to record the patient details.  So this will result in slowly the accounts getting terminated from the client and consequently the vendors getting wiped out and the MTs rendered jobless.

With this scenario looming overhead, I recently became aware that many MT guys have joined office-based medical coding work and others joined work from home websites (there are many medical related jobs like image to word conversion of prescriptions etc.) are earning a decent salary (at least enough to lead a respectable lifestyle) without the tension of sudden joblessness and sitting at night hearing to tough files and worried about accuracy or irreversibly damaging your health working in continuous night shifts.  These jobs have a TAT of 15 days or 1 month and you can do it at your leisure.  With the typing speed we have, I am sure there are a lot of opportunities like form filling and captcha solving and the like with the opportunities ever expanding.  MTs have to be proactive in this regard to keep on earning.  After all earning 15 to 20k per month to start with at your leisure is pretty decent to start with and the you can always go up the ladder as you gain experience.  After all progress is the name of the game and if you are not progressing in one field, jump to the other, but keep earning month by month.

So, I request the members of this forum to stop crapping about MT field and become more proactive in talking to your colleagues and keep your eyes open for alternative jobs opportunities and update it in the forum for the benefit of all.  We have to get out of the mindset that only Nuance can provide us the bread and butter and start up anew where we feel comfortable.

UPDATES:

I found these sites interesting

http://surejob.in/captcha-entry-job-sites.html

http://opportunitygateway.weebly.com/vir...-home.html

http://www.jobjungle.info/2011/02/current-openings.html

www.futurerisingconsulting.com

http://realdatajobs.com/data-entry-jobs/...aAodlCoEsQ

http://www.viewpointpanel.com/signup/gglads.html

http://onlinejobs.nmggrroups.com/?gclid=...aAodh_4IYw

now its up to you all to pick the right job or explore other sites and let the forum know about it.  Anyways, according to me its better than digging in the rocks with  nuance.

Or maybe the more adventurous ones can venture out of their homes and take medical coding

Thanks a lot for this great information
Hard work always pays......Nuance or not, no one is going to pay easy.......one has to earn it.........the only way is "SMART" way. Even Auto walah and riskhaw pullers have unions and friends except for MTs.......may be it is time MTs need a group to help themselves. No one can just be terminated just like that.
(10-03-2016, 04:33 PM)Sandy Wrote: Truely Said!!  I agree with it.