Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life of an MT...
This is not from me.  I am merely copying and pasting this thread from a Soodan Vikas in Facebook.  Hilarious and pretty much reflects anyone in the MT field I guess.

Story of an employee from Medical Transcription industry!!!
My family doc referred me to that psychiatrist. Its the first time I am being to a psychiatrist. The psychiatrist seemed like a good man. He smiled at me and said, "Tell me sir, what can I do for you?"
I introduced myself and said, "Sir, I work in healthcare industry as an MLS. I think I have issues with my mental health. You should diagnose what it is."
The doctor took his pen and his notepad and said, "Yes sir, tell me about your issues."
I said, "Sir, whenever I am about to open my audit reports, my heartbeat goes up, BP raises, hands shiver and I profusely sweat."
He said, "So, you have anxiety. That's your problem."
I added, "Not only that sir, when I get any major errors, I lose hope and start worrying."
"Then you have depression too."
"Also sir, while seeing the audit reports, if my accuracy goes below 99%, I am depressed to the core and whenever I see 100% I rejoice like a kid."
"Oh, that's bipolar disorder then. I can help you. Anything else?"
"Every time I am about to post a job, I am not confident of what I typed. I check it again and again repeatedly before posting."
"You have obsessive compulsive disorder also..."
"If I get some grave error in some specific dictator's jobs, after that I am really scared to do that dictator's jobs."
"I think you have post-traumatic stress disorder."
"When my friends or family members talk to me, I don't tend to listen to them sir. I am always overwhelmed with the thoughts about my target and accuracy."
"Its attention deficit disorder. What else?"
"Sometimes when I am in half sleep, I hear like someone is dictating..."
"So you have auditory hallucinations.."
"I am very much depressed of my social situation comparing with others. Also, since I am working from home, now a days I am preferring to stay away from people"
"That's avoidant personality disorder..enough of it..Do you have suicidal ideations?"
"Yes sir, whenever I see my salary slip."
"And any homicidal ideations?"
"Yes sir, whenever I see my managers. Also sir, whenever I..."
The doctor sprung and pressed the alarm and immediately two big guys entered the room and caught me by my shoulder.
"Put him in solitary confinement, in the padded cell..Goddamn it, he has all the possible psychiatric disorders..He shouldn't be on the streets anymore."
Superb...nice one...posts like these more... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
laughed heartily

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Miserable life of MTs Mavrash 4 9,079 03-10-2014, 07:52 AM
Last Post: Burkey