• Welcome to MT Forum!
  • India's largest Medical Transcriptionists Community
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

New registrations are manually reviewed by our moderators to prevent spam...please allow us sometime to review your registration and approve. Thanks!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Converting text file to audio file
Converting text file to audio file OR converting text to speech.

I attended a course in medical transcription from a medical transcription training institute.  I then went to different medical transcription companies and applied for office based medical transcription work.  I was told by different medical transcription companies that I needed at least 1 to 2 years of experience in medical transcription work for office based transcription work and at least 2 to 3 years of medical transcription experience for home based transcription work.  The question is how to get medical transcription work experience?  I then did a search on internet for medical transcription sample files.  I collected as many medical transcription sample files as possible.  I then converted medical transcription sample files to audio files.  I then used audio files to transcribe.  I then compared transcribed documents with original sample files.  I did practice medical transcription by converting different medical transcription sample files into audio files and then hearing the audio files and transcribing them for nearly three months.  I then applied to different medical transcription companies for home based transcription work.  I used to pass the medical transcription test files given to me by different companies and finally I got a home based transcription work.  I never got any office based medical transcription work from any company but I finally got home based transcription work from different companies.

In summary, just attending a course in medical transcription is not enough for medical transcription work; you need to have some medical transcription work experience.

Thank you.

Hello Admin, I am visiting this forum after quite some time. Those wanting to practice on medical transcription files need to open a FREE a/c at 4shared.com and then download files from my a/c there: http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/GjQW5...tml?rnd=32
Do not ever be taken in or dream of becoming a home-based medical transcriber fresh after training. At least not until you have had 2-3 years full-time office-based experience in multispecialties.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Editing audio file for transcription work. raovv 0 1,940 22-10-2016, 08:04 PM
Last Post: raovv